Thursday, August 6, 2009

August 2009




Summer is quickly fading away and I am starting to anticipate the early signs of fall. Before the leaves begin to tumble and there's a cooler tinge to the night time breezes I felt like I needed a last dash of color. I created a family of pom poms to hang in my front window and over my antique bed. Making the pom poms is pretty easy. All you need is roughly 10-14 sheets of tissue paper. Fold the tissue accordion style and once folded round each edge or make a triangular shape. Use some low gauge floral wire to wrap around the middle, leaving a bit of the length for a loop for hanging. Fan out the two sides then separate all the sheets of the tissue and voila! you have a pom pom. If this sounds like more trouble than it is worth I will gladly sell you one of mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be in soon to see your beautiful window display.

Your shop looks wonderful!