Thursday, February 10, 2011

Au Revoir Noel



Every year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving we head up to Apple Hill to retrieve our Christmas Tree. I have a large iron urn that my poor husband has to try to get the tree into.  I got a late start on decorating this year so me and the boys decided to make our own decorations. I dug out some old french postcards that I had, copied them onto card stock, cut them out, then strung some up on jute around the room. With the rest of the cards we attached jute to each one then tied them onto the tree. It took us no time at all and I think the effect turned out to be quite charming.  I also made some paper flower garlands out of vintage music sheets. The paper garlands with the paper postcards really gave the tree a simple but elegant look. ( I will feature the garland "how to" in a future post.)





 

No comments: